You’ve probably heard of dental implants, but you may be wondering if they are right for you. Dr. Matthew Wessel, Dr. Matthew Cichowski, and Dr. Joseph Santoro are dentists at Grand Dental in Sun City, AZ. They can fix you up with dental implants. Here are 6 things to consider if you want to know if you’re a good candidate for dental implants.
- You have missing teeth: Dental implants are the most popular option for missing teeth because they are permanent, easy to care for, and do not require replacing as often as alternatives such as bridges or dentures.
- You have adequate jawbones: The dentist at Grand Dental will examine your mouth to see if your jawbone is strong enough to secure the dental implant. If it is not, you may need a bone graft.
- Your oral tissue is healthy: If you have issues with your gums, these will need to be treated before you have dental implant surgery.
- Your bone will heal normally: Some conditions such as diabetes, hypothyroidism, and severe anemia can affect your bone healing process. If you do have one of these conditions, you will need to discuss it with your dentist to see if implants are right for you.
- You want to improve your dental functions: If you are having difficulty speaking, biting or chewing, because of missing teeth or because you are using dentures, dental implants can help resolve these issues.
- You are tired of dentures: Dentures can be uncomfortable, over time they will also cause your jawbones to erode. If you are tired of ill-fitting dentures and constantly having to take them out to clean them, dental implants make a great alternative.
If you live in Sun City and you would like to find out more about dental implants, call Grand Dental at (623) 972-2156.